Friday, November 11, 2005

The Big Chill

Ok. So maybe, just maybe I've been a little stubborn. Maybe I am a bit pig-headed. Maybe I am somewhat unforgiving.

As some of you have pointed out, maybe I need to look at recent events from James' point of view.

But you know, I hate the fact that James was so bloody mean about my friends. Life has taught me that men come and go but your friends are always there for you, to help pick you up, dust you off and set you back on your feet - whenever you lose your balance. I love my friends, and they love me, and I do not like anyone, even a sexy washboard-stomached naughty-eyed sex-god, saying that they are a bunch of losers.

Yes, I realise that maybe James hasn't had the best of times in my company over the past couple of weekends. Yes, I realise that being punched by the idiot boyfriend of one of my best friends is likely to have put a downer on his evening, but... still...

So I sat down for a bit and stared at the infamous shag-pile, and came up with a list of pros and cons.

The Case For James:
- he's indecently sexy
- he's scarily intelligent
- he makes me laugh, a lot
- there's an incredible physical connection between us
- I'm (usually) comfortable in his presence; being with him feels very natural
- there's something about him that I find fascinating
- he's a great kisser... and the rest...
- did I mention that he's indecently sexy?

The Case Against James:
- I'm starting to think that maybe he's a bit of a snob and overly concerned with appearances
- he is capable of sulking, big time, which is not terribly attractive in a man
- in many ways, we couldn't be more different, and I'm not sure if that's a good thing
- his friends suck (but then again, it seems that he thinks my friends suck too)
- I have a feeling that there may be more negatives yet to emerge

Don't want to call him, but also not sure if I'm ready for it to be over yet...

Why does it always have to get complicated? I really should just stick to one-night-stands; all the physical fun and none of the emotional bullshit. Much more manageable.

7 comments:

NML/Natalie said...

I appreciate that he may have been *understanding* that weekend, but the two incidents are separate. You have no control over your mate who was drunk and to be fair, James didn't have to go toe to toe with him.
All that aside, I can see why James would be annoyed, but going off in a strop and slagging off *all* your friends is a bit cheeky.
However, boys will be boys and his pride will have taken a knock with last weekends incident.
Follow your gut.

Anonymous said...

thanks nml, unfortunately my gut is currently speaking in a language I don't quite understand.

WDKY said...

I've got an idea... let him read your blog and make up his own mind...

Seriously, though, I think you should probably trust your intuition, and it seems to be telling you not to give up just yet. The scales appear to be weighted in favour of the pro's, so it doesn't seem too much of a high-risk strategy to me.

failing that, give me your number and we'll bugger of to Florence for the weekend.

positronic said...

He should be the one to make the next move. It seems to me that he is willing to anyway. He will call. The only worry is that there are some quite substaincial points in your cons list, such as being a snob and disliking eachothers frinds.

kimmyk said...

Your pro list is bigger than your con list.
That being said, I myself would give it one more go and if it fails...then it fails. Maybe you can get naked at least one more time with him then cut him lose if that's how it plays out.
Good luck....if he doesn't work out...I'm sure you won't have a problem finding someone else to fill his shoes.

Juggling Mother said...

I would definitely give it another go. Your pro list is longer (and more compelling really)

Did you text him back at all, cos if I was in his shoes I'd be scared to call you until reasonably sure you would accept the call & not just blast me!

As an aside - the right man is forever too. In my world friends come & go (some for longer than others), but Mr A is always there (yuk yuk, none of that true lurve bollocks! But after 15 years, & many re-locations & life changes, it's true!)

Aginoth said...

Just go for it, take every opportunity and exploit it to the full.

You'll never know until you try.

Oh and perhaps let him read your blog...