Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Gnghhh?

The Alpha Male - aka Mr Brains On Toast - called me last night. It turns out his name is James.

I wasn't prepared for a phone call from anyone and I really wasn't in the right state of mind to handle a phone call from the guy who left me in a state of severe sexual deprivation a few nights ago. I have to admit that it dented my ego, despite the rejection having being padded out with nice-guy reasoning. I mean, I wouldn't say I'm up there with the supermodels but this kind of thing isn't exactly what I'm used to. It's a little confusing.

So there I was, sprawled on the sofa, seriously stoned and trying to figure out how the hell I'm going to drag myself to the SPAR to satisy my carb cravings when the phone goes. I pick up the phone, like, Gnghhh? and a male voice goes, Sara, is that you? I go, I think so.

Talk about bad timing. There's James calling me with the intention of having a conversation when the only verbal reasoning I was capable of at that moment was with a packet of Hula Hoops.

Anyway, my lack of verbosity didn't seem to put him off and he's taking me out for dinner tonight.

I'm in two minds about the whole thing, to be honest. James is pretty hot and has the bonus of being in possession of a very appealing brain, but do I really want to spend time with someone so sexually serious? I'm not entirely sure that he's my type. In my experience, the nice guys just can't be trusted to stick to my (non)relationship rules.

Then again, it's about time I got laid.

Watch this space.