Saturday, November 05, 2005

Status report

It's been a weird week. First there was the incident at the weekend, which took me until Thursday to completely recover from, and the major surprise of James being so nice about it all. I mean, I really thought that I'd blown it. In fact, I've been thinking about it a lot all week and my only conclusion is that the guy is either some kind of freak or he has a saviour complex, and I'm not sure which is worse.

Oh yes, and I took all your advice and played hardball with the texting thing - I simply refused to respond. It took two days for James to crack but now he seems to have the hang of this calling and talking thing. Much nicer. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.

I also seem to found myself another job. In addition to working behind the bar at night, I've been talked into helping out in The Club promotional office during the day - yes, it makes my soul rebel to even say the word 'office' but now and then the promise of a fistful of filthy lucre is a great persuader - so I'm finally feeling reasonably solvent, an unusual state of affairs for me.

There's a party happening tonight and I'm taking James along. I have a slightly unsettled feeling about James meeting my friends but what the hell... let's see what happens.

5 comments:

WDKY said...

I wonder if he'll have the same reaction to your friends as you had to his? And if he does what it will mean in the context of the two of you? I'm intrigued to know.

positronic said...

Congrats for the Xtra job :-) Enjoy zi party. Good thing about the phone conversation breakthrough as well. He probably noticed it takes less time to talk than to type. (Unless he's Mr. Thunderthumb off course)

Kate B. said...

wdky - I'm thinking exactly the same thing.
pos - thank you! And it should be noted that James is pretty good with his hands. ;-)

NML/Natalie said...

Congrats with the job and at least it's a cool one! Well done for sorting the texts and bringing him into line ;-)

Kate B. said...

doc - Can you see a future for me with MI5? I can also do interrogation and mild torture. What other skills do you need?

thanks nml. :-) Have you been working those FMB's this weekend?