Thursday, October 20, 2005

FEEDBACK

James called me last night.

He called me just as I was about to start work, not a good thing since I was already running late. Nothing would please The Fat Bastard more than an excuse to fire me, and since my dad has cut my allowance recently (that’s a whole other story) I really need that job at the moment.

So I’m standing on the Tottenham Court Road, trying to think of a way to hurry up this phone conversation because the minutes are ticking away, when James goes, my friends think you’re lovely, by the way. I’m like, huh? Say what?

I mean, get real. There is no way on this earth that his friends are seriously singing my praises. I don’t need a degree in psychotherapy to know that we didn’t exactly hit it off. But tactful is the way to go if I ever want to get laid again, and boy, I so want to be laid again by James; this guy has really got it going on. So I’m like, Oh, that’s nice.

But then I can’t help myself, I fucking hate hypocrisy. I blurt out, and what did Kate say, James? Because I don’t want to be funny here but I got the distinct impression that Kate didn’t find me lovely at all.

I can hear his brain whirring away at the other end of the line. Then he goes, hmmm, well, Kate is kind of possessive of me. It’s just how she is.

I’m like, so what did she say, James? Go on, I can take it.

There’s another silence. Then he goes, well… Oh OK. Kate said that I can’t go out with you because you’re too skinny and too quiet. So I suppose you’re right. Kate doesn’t think you’re lovely.

I laugh so hard I nearly choke. Then I say, I thought so.

Bitch.

Anyway, we’re going out again on Friday night. On one condition - none of his friends will be there.

9 comments:

positronic said...

Godspeed for Friday. Kate sounds frustrated.

WDKY said...

I think it could be a great dynamic. Spend as much time with her as possible, and think seriously about a threesome.

lady miss marquise said...

Ha! I'm very lucky that I've not been in that situation in a very long time! Although I have been slightly concerned about the women some of my male friends date I'd never play the green card and come over false. I'd at least try to get to know you before reserving any judgement.

And remember revenge can be sweet ;o)
Good luck for Friday...
x

TJ said...

Glad to hear that James has the sense to spend time with you one on one without involving his snobby friends. Let's hope he just enjoys spending time with you and doesn't try to force the relationship issues again.

Anonymous said...

Don't concern yourself with Kate. If he wanted to be with her, you wouldn't be around.

Just hang out with James and have fun!

I have a friend who's equally possessive about me and I just ignore him because if I were listen to him, I'd never date at all.

miss goLondon said...

don't you find it condescending when guys lie with false, flattering compliments? does he think you need the reassurance? well done for calling him out and letting him know you are a bit too confident for that one. he is obviously outclassed in this game, so i hope he is more than a 1 trick pony (in bed).

Harry the Hire said...

I think it will be quite interesting to see what happens next time you and Kate meet up.

Why don't you ask James to have a dinner party just for the three of you, see where the night takes you.

Kate B. said...

yes, I think wdky is of that opinion too.

you guys are filthy, just filthy

:-)

Kate B. said...

Kate is very frustrated.

ladymiss - my mind is in plotting overdrive

tj - very well put

npc - is that the guy you posted about recently?

hi missgo, nice to see you on my blog - at the moment I'm happy with the one trick ;-)

hey surviving - she is 'big boned'. Huge tits. Pretty face. Tiresome character.