Wednesday, October 19, 2005

What is the world coming to?


My day is ruined.

I just went to the corner shop to get my usual supply of smokes and the shopkeeper tried to palm me off with this dodgy silver packet instead of my usual Marlboro lights. I'm like, Benny, you know I smoke Marlboro Lights, what's with you today? Late night, was it? Benny goes, these are Marlboro Lights.

And sure enough, those sneaky buggers at Philip Morris have only gone and done a major rebrand without giving me adequate warning.

Doesn't customer loyalty mean anything these days?

6 comments:

WDKY said...

Try Camel Lights. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Networkchic said...

Change is good...at least that's what I'm told.

WDKY said...

Hey, nice counter. Change is definitely good... everyone should try it once in a while.

positronic said...

Maybe this is an omen. Maybe you should give up the smoke. Trust me its easy. A friend of mine's done it dozens of times.

TJ said...

Bastards. It's enough to make one want to switch to chewing tobacco.

I'm glad you like the meme--I just finished another post today about last weekend's camping trip.

ange said...

im day 4 without a smoke. its not that hard and i feel great! i hope my will power keeps up. But yes, they do change their packaging without warning.