Friday, October 21, 2005

More questions, questions...

This one's for Surviving Online Dating, who said: How about the slinky dress with the FMBs? Lipstick says alot, what colour will you wear? Perfume? How will you wear your hair?

The slinky dress is one of my favourites. It's a great dress; I can just throw it on and it always looks good, and it doesn't need ironing - a huge plus as I'm kind of lazy. And with the FMB's? I think that might be just about perfect...

I very rarely wear lipstick. This might sound a bit odd but I never quite look like me when I have lipstick on, which kind of freaks me out. A slick of gloss is about as far as I go. I have no idea what that says about me; low-maintenance? I don't know.

Perfume? It's has to be Chanel Coco Mademoiselle; warm and subtly sexy. I'm not keen on my perfume entering the room before I do.

My hair? That's a tricky one. It does one of either two things; up or down. And since I'm not very good at putting it up I think I'll wear it down tonight. I would love to be the kind of girl who can do things to her hair, it looks as if it would be a whole heap of girly fun, but like I said, I'm kind of lazy. Now and then, if I've got a spare half-hour and nothing else to do (which is rare, especially since I started this blog), I blow dry my hair straight but that's about the extent of it. Any tips?

Surviving Online Dating also said: What things do you do for just YOU? It doesn't involve men, dating etc. Do you have girlfriends or a best girl friend? I get the sense you prefer the company of men.What inspires you-as in feeling good about yourself, makes you like the world, your job etc? How about your favourite childhood memory? Or you could just write about breasts-those are always good :)
Things I do for me: long, long, long baths, book in one hand and glass of wine in the other. I've also been known to smoke in the bath, although it's not entirely to be recommended as a soggy roach is not a pleasant thing. I like to stay in the bath until my toes turn wrinkly and/or I drop my book into the water (both are inevitable).

My best girlfriend is Helen - see the September archives for more details. Helen is my soul mate and would be perfect for me, except that, unfortunately, I am not a lesbian (well, I guess I could describe myself as bi-curious but that's about it). So, yes, I prefer the company of men to women when it comes to shagging, but in terms of pure friendship most of my very good friends are female; and they're all clued-up, fiesty, intelligent, and exceptional women. However, I do have one close friend who is male - I've known him since we were fourteen and he was my first snog. According to him it was that experience that turned him gay, although I prefer to think that the real truth is that he never recovered from the heartbreak of me chucking him and moving on to Eddie Soames from class 4b. I have posted about most of my friends on this blog, but not for a while. It's all hiding in the archives!

As for inspiration? Well, my main problem is that I haven't found it yet. I've been looking for that Sara-shaped niche for a long time. I know it's out there, somewhere, and I just need to get off my lethargic butt and hunt it down.

I'll talk about childhood memories and breasts some other time... :-) Right now, there's a hot bath calling out my name.

3 comments:

TJ said...

okay, so wait--is 'snog' british slang for "sex"...or "kiss"...or some rugby (er, sorry, football) term???

[thumbing through the American to British Dictionary again]

got it: "kiss, usually with tongues"

So your friend claims that kissing these lips turned him gay? Sara, that mouth could make a convert out of Boy George...

Enjoy your bath today.

positronic said...

Sorry I couldn't comment earlier. Hope the night goes well, and I hope you picked the option with the FMBs.

Kate B. said...

hi tj - honey, there is no way that I would EVER try to convert Boy George, his sexuality is totally safe. Now, if you'd said George Michael - that might be more of an interesting challenge...

Doc you big Freudian flirt - stop teasing me